From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qtwebkit problem (solved)
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2020 11:59:29
1 On Sun, 05 Jan 2020 10:43:03 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > If you try to emerge LO or FF using a tmpfs , Portage tells you not
4 > > to.
5 >
6 > I just thought I'd say that I haven't had any warnings not to use tmpfs
7 > when emerging LO or FF. I do have 32GB RAM though, which I dare say
8 > makes a difference. Maybe portage is even cleverer than I thought!
9
10 I get warnings for a couple of packages that there is not sufficient
11 space in $PARTAGE_TMPDIR, which is usually on tmpfs, but they don't
12 mention tmpfs directly,
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 To boldly go where I surely don't belong.