From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to disable the modules service?
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2022 11:42:11
1 Dex Conner wrote:
2 > On 22/10/23 12:45PM, Peter Böhm wrote:
3 >> Hi Dex,
4 >>
5 >> we have a wiki article for this:
6 >> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel_Modules#Going_completely_.22module-less.22
9 > Hello Peter,
10 >
11 > Unfortunately I had already followed that guide for going module-less
12 > and the rc service called modules is still running. I have found that it
13 > is the /etc/init.d/modules file which sources some folders including
14 > /usr/lib/modules-load.d which has a module in it. I think this module
15 > (pkcs8_key_parser) gets created after I update iwd. Is there a way to
16 > actually remove the modules service instead of removing the modules from
17 > the directories repeatedly?
18 >
19 > Thank you
20 >
21 > --
22 > Dex
25 First, I don't know much about this.  I did read a bit of the article
26 linked to tho.  Could there be a USE flag that will make it not install
27 modules?  I recall seeing kmod mentioned for some packages.  It may not
28 apply here and if it doesn't, ignore me.  It could be worth looking into
29 what the USE flags add or remove, just to be sure.
30
31 Hope that helps.
32
33 Dale