From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:13:14
1 On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:01:33 +0000, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Nevertheless, I support moving away from a RHL sponsored
4 > monolithic binary and hopefully if not today it will happen eventually.
5
6 systemd isn't monolithic so I can only assume you are referring to the
7 Linux kernel here :)
8
9 Red Hat open source everything, so while they can pay for the development
10 of the code, they can never own it. Yes, their money gives them control
11 of what is and is not developed by those they are paying, but it gives
12 them neither exclusive rights to code nor the right to exclude code.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself.