From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Properly handling missing files when downloading files from ftp:// via ISA proxy (emerge/wget)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 15:27:02
1 On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:43 AM, Maciej Grela <maciej.grela@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Is there any way to make emerge (wget) correctly behave when it tries
5 > to download a non-existing file from FTP
6 > in a network using ISA as ftp_proxy ? I have one of these at work and
7 > it's really annoying because of situations
8
9 If you are allowed to bypass the proxy, try --use-proxy=off in your
10 wget command line.
11
12 It seems your FTP is proxied over HTTP and your client needs to
13 support this. I'm not sure if wget supports HTTP proxies for FTP.
14
15 Here is a document from Microsoft about configuring ISA and various clients:
16 http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb794745.aspx
17
18 Good luck!