From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Removing or stopping binary emerges from being in emerge.log
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2022 05:53:16
1 Howdy,
2
3 I have a chroot environment that I do updates in.  Once the updates are
4 done, I copy the binaries and distfiles over to my running system and
5 use the -k option to update everything in my real system.  It comes in
6 real handy when libreoffice, Firefox, qtwebengine and other large time
7 consuming packages are being updated.  The bad thing is, I have the full
8 length of build time in the chroot but the binary install on my running
9 system.  Is there a way to either stop it from logging binary updates or
10 removing them after it is done?  I'd rather it not keep those times in
11 either place really.  I can't find a emerge option.  It seems to record
12 everything regardless.  My reason for this, the binary install times
13 throws off genlop -c and its estimates.
14
15 Anybody have ideas?
16
17 Thanks.