From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Firefox lock me out of my X session and X get 100% cpu usage
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 20:34:57
1 Hi guys,
2
3 I'm having a weird problem here. I do have an amd64 install of gentoo with
4 KDE 4.
5 Well my problem is that sometimes (once or more per day) when using Firefox
6 I do
7 click in some link or try to scroll down/up the scrollbar my system
8 freezes.
9 When this happen I have to remotely login via ssh and do 'kill -9 X' which
10 in this case
11 is consuming around 100% of cpu usage.
12
13 I've already updated both kde and firefox and even tried to disable/enable
14 render acceleration on xorg
15 but nothing seems to help.
16
17 I'm using Xinerama (nvidia + sis video boards) but this is a old install
18 (around 1 year) and
19 my problem just started after I've migrated to kde4.
20
21 Do somebody have any clue?
22
23 Thanks for the help,