From: Manuel McLure <manuel@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Picking out a printer. Questions.
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2019 17:28:31
1 On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 7:54 AM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I ended up ordering that Lexmark C2325dw printer. Given the price of
4 > the printer itself and the fact that folks on here said it should work,
5 > and openprinting says it too, I think that is the best printer for what
6 > I need. It may get a workout the first few months tho.
9 I'm pretty sure it will work great for you. If you have more that one
10 computer, you definitely want to look into connecting it via ethernet
11 instead of USB - that way you can share the printer between any of the
12 computers that are on the network (Linux, Windows, Mac, even mobile devices
13 if you have WiFi) very easily. You could also set up a print server using
14 CUPS (I did that many many years ago before I got a networked printer) but
15 that's a lot more hassle and requires that the computer running the print
16 server be running before you start the print.
17 --
18 Manuel A. McLure WW1FA <manuel@××××××.org> <http://www.mclure.org>
19 ...for in Ulthar, according to an ancient and significant law,
20 no man may kill a cat. -- H.P. Lovecraft