From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: RAID on new install
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:16:28
1 Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > Depending on what you are putting onto your RAID watch carefully
5 > what choices you make for SuperBlock type as well as being aware of
6 > possible md name changes between the install environment and your
7 > first real boot.
8
9 Nice to know.
12 (I think I'm going to stick with ext4 for now).
13 (BTRFS later...) I have 2 identical 2T seagate drives.
14 The main purpose is to run an php and apache
15 server and use kde (kiosk) to display network status
16 using jffnms (graphical) and postgresql-9.
17
18 Raid 1 Mirroring for most if not all partitions.
19 Think of it as a station where everyone can view
20 the network conditions, as users, but I remote
21 admin the system. No logins except via the limited
22 kiosk to just view/query the network, or a remote
23 connection to the server.
26 These Docs I listed are dated?
27 Gentoo.wiki.com is finally back up. These
28 2 docs reference each other....
29
30 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Software_RAID_Install
31 and
32 http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/RAID/Software
33
34 Which one is more accurate or the best one
35 to mostly follow? (that's what I'm trying to
36 figure out now.)
37
38 I do appreciate any and all feedback.
41 James
46 Which guide do you think is better, for my needs?