From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub emerge make boot screen and others unreadable
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:57:39
1 At Wed, 09 Jul 2008 21:15:16 +0100 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 14:02:59 -0400, Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >
5 >> The latest stable emerge of grub decided to add
6 >>
7 >> splashimage=(hd0,2)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz
8 >>
9 >> to my grub.conf
10 >>
11 >> Since I do not have support for this in my kernel the screen was
12 >> unreadable. Should I file this as a bug?
13 >
14 > The fact that the ebuild modifies grub.conf in any way should be
15 > considered a bug IMO.
16
17 That was my error. The file grub.conf was not modified.
18 Instead a file pointed to by grub.conf (the splash) was moved.
19
20 sorry,
21 allan
22 --