From: Bertram Scharpf <lists@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is there a PowerShell package?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 08:33:32
1 On Sunday, 13. Nov 2016, 22:21:33 +0100, Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 12, 2016 at 11:20:06PM +0100, Bertram Scharpf wrote:
3 > > for a special job I need to do a piece of work in Microsofts
4 > > PowerShell, but I have no Windows machine running. I know
5 > > that there is a PowerShell for Linux because I have one
6 > > installed on a Ubuntu. Yet, I do not want to shut down my
7 > > Gentoo and boot Ubuntu every time when I have to try
8 > > something in PowerShell. I would like to install it on
9 > > Gentoo.
10 >
11 > This is the perfect use case for running containers on your development
12 > machine. Just set up lxc/lxd/docker on your gentoo machine and start up an
13 > ubuntu container in any of the runtimes. Works flawlessly, and you don't
14 > have to reboot or run a heavyweight VM. Lxc/lxd are more suitable for long
15 > running containers, docker would be great for containers that you spin up
16 > and tear down whenever you need.
17 >
18 > Give it a try.
19
20 I will consider this if I have to do with PowerShell for a
21 longer time.
22
23 Thanks for the hint!
24