From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: CPU upgrade and LVM questions.
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 02:15:57
1 On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 10:56 AM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I agree. If you are committing international crimes, terrorism for
4 > example, they will snoop on you and it doesn't matter much what you do or
5 > use. If nothing else, they will put you on a super computer setup that
6 > will crack whatever you are doing/using and get you that way. As we know,
7 > generally speaking, given enough computer power, almost anything can be
8 > cracked. It's a time thing mostly.
11 Well implemented modern crypto is still thought of as not being crackable
12 by anyone. The increase in computing power can be offset with increase in
13 key length.
14
15 There is concern that quantum computing could change this and work is being
16 done to come up with new quantum resistant crypto standards. Bad random
17 number generators, code errors etc are ways around crypto but there's no
18 public info that, say AES, has any fundamental flaw that makes feasible to
19 crack.