From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mouse/pointing stick/trackpoint calibration?
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 22:30:14
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a keyboard with built-in pointing stick (like IBM trackpoint).
4 It shows up like a standard USB mouse. Problem is: it moves to the
5 right at a rate about 6x faster than it moves to the left... For
6 example I can move the mouse cursor from left to right in 1 second,
7 but from right to left it takes 6 seconds to cross the screen.
8
9 Is there a way to calibrate the mouse in Xorg so that the directions
10 will move at the same rate? Perhaps it's a physical defect and I need
11 to take apart the keyboard, but if I can compensate somehow that would
12 be great.
13
14 I looked in the Xorg mouse settings, but the only sensitivity options
15 seem to be global and not directional.
16
17 Thanks,
18 Paul