From: Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <sharuzzaman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo minimal CD not runable on 64MB RAM machine
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 09:23:56
1 Hi Dirk,
2
3 Yes I noticed that. Most websites that I search for did not recommend
4 running Linux live-cd on 64MB RAM.
5
6 Looks like to have to search for distro that is tailored for embedded
7 system.
8
9 Thanks.
13 On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:49 PM, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
14
15 > Hi
16 >
17 > I think that any of the live CDs are going to give you problems with 64MB
18 > RAM. I think the minimal ISO is a live CD that allows you to install Gentoo
19 > from there. You can try installing another distro on the harddrive and then
20 > installing gentoo using that distro.
21 >
22 > Compiling Gentoo on such an old machine is very brave, I hope you intend to
23 > use distcc.
24 >
25 > Regards
26 > Dirk
29 > On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Sharuzzaman Ahmat Raslan <