From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Xavier-Francois Roblot <xfr@×××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Replacement for FPM
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:32:53
1 Dear all,
2
3 On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:02 AM, Xavier-Francois Roblot
4 <xfr@×××××××.net> wrote:
5 >> Can someone point me to a viable replacement for it? I need something
6 >> that can: 1) store passwords (obviously); 2) generate passwords; 3) have
7 >> launchers as FPM does. The possibility to import FPM passwords would be
8 >> a nice feature to have to :)
9 >
10 > I am answering to my own email: it looks like revelation
11 > http://oss.codepoet.no/revelation/ which is available in some overlays
12 > (like break-my-gentoo-main) meets most of the requirements.
13 >
14 Probably no longer of interest to the initial poster, but I've also
15 been on the look-out for something similar, so..
16
17 There is a port of fpm to GTK+2:
18 "FPM2 is GTK2 port from Figaro's Password Manager originally developed
19 by John Conneely, with some new features." [1]
20
21 It seems actively maintained, as of July 2008. I've also found an
22 ebuild [2] for the latter. The port is a pure GTK+2 application, i.e.
23 there are no Gnome dependencies. Revelation is in Portage, but Gnome
24 dependent and no longer maintained since 2007.
25
26 If anyone knows other candidates, please post here.
27
28 Regards,
29 Liviu
30