From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Do we have to build gcc with fortran now?
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 00:34:40
1 On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 08:43:50AM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote
2
3 > 95% of what I do in KDE is run Firefox or a VM for trading
4 > futures and the balance is mostly use a terminal to maintain my
5 > systems. I use Skype a little, backup to a few different external
6 > hard drives. Sometimes I play solitaire. Nearly all of my media
7 > watching is done in a VM due to NetFlix not supporting anything that
8 > runs native on Linux, although I do use xine to watch the occasional
9 > DVD from NetFlix that only I want to watch.
10 >
11 > I don't share desktops, share or mount anything natively Windows. I
12 > don't use Konqueror or KDE Mail. I use almost nothing in the KDE Menus
13 > for Development, Education, Games, Graphics, Multimedia or Office.
14
15 Which brings up the question, why are you using KDE in the first
16 place? It's a pointie-clickie-touchie-feelie-oowie-gui that emulates
17 Windows, but doesn't do anything for me. I run Icewm as my WM.
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>