From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] InitRAMFS - boot expert sought
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 17:38:58
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >
3 > On Wed, March 28, 2012 12:49 am, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >
5 > <snipped>
6 >
7 >> Do nothing. Just read, watch, learn but most important don't do
8 >> updates. Just wait. Patience is a virtue!
9 >
10 > I wonder how many threads we'll get with "I haven't updated my Gentoo for
11 > over a year, how do I best do the upgrade?" from people following this
12 > advice?
13 >
14 > --
15 > Joost
21 I was thinking about that. My system works right now. I could just not
22 update for a good long while before doing any updates. Maybe the udev
23 dev will do like the hal guy, admit he screwed up and fix it so that it
24 runs as it should and leave it like it used to be.
25
26 Also, it is getting warm here. I don't need the extra heat from
27 compiling anyway. ;-)
28
29 Dale
30
34 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
35 how you interpreted my words!
36
37 Miss the compile output? Hint:
38 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"