From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] vsftpd anonymous upload illegal PORT command
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2017 02:05:37
1 > Try a:
2 >
3 > ftp> cd incoming
4
5 Thank you, that was it. I just pushed over a file from a Gentoo
6 machine to my desktop for a test. The OS/2 Warp ftp client still
7 doesn't work, but that's probably a VM networking issue. There are
8 other ways of getting data from inside the VM to the host machine, then
9 I can ftp from there.
10
11 Annoying "feature"... if I set "anon_root=/home/ftp/incoming/", then
12 vsftpd refuses to run, complaining about a writable chroot directory.
13 So I have to do an anonymous login, starting of in /home/ftp/ and then
14 manually "cd incoming".
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications