From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Java corruption after power failure
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 15:32:13
1 On Monday 26 September 2005 15:46, Nelis Lamprecht wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > We recently had a power failure and after booting up my system which
5 > was shut off abruptly I am having problems with Firefox, Gaim and
6 > probably other prorgams I haven't yet discovered. Whenever I visit a
7 > site which has java my browser freezes up and the same thing happens
8 > when someone tries to send me a message via Gaim. I then have to kill
9 > the effected app.
10 >
11 > I've tried recompiling blackdown-jre and blackdown-jdk as well as
12 > recompiling Firefox and Gaim but I still get the same result. I have
13 > turned off java in Firefox for now which allows me to carry on with my
14 > work but obviously I would like to get this fixed.
15 >
16 > Does anyone have any other suggestions for me ? What else do Firefox
17 > and Gaim have in common that I could possibly re-install ? ..I've
18 > forgotten how to check the dependencies.
19 >
20 > Thanks in advance.
21 >
22 > Regards,
23 > Nelis
24
25 does it happen for all users, or only the one logged in, when it crashed?
26 Do you still have the problem, when you are removing the ~/.mozilla directory?
27 Have you booted from a bootcd and fscked your system?
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list