From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] After upgrading to the latest Baselayout...
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 10:06:44
1 On Monday 27 February 2006 10:39, "Seo Boon, NG" <sbng@×××××××××.org> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] After upgrading to the latest Baselayout...':
3 > I have the following error upon booting up after the latest baselayout
4 > upgrade.
5 >
6 > * No loaded modules provide ""127.0.0.1/8"" ("127.0.0.1/8"_start)
7 > [ !! ] * brd
8 > * No loaded modules provide "brd" (brd_start)
9 > * 127.255.255.255"
10
11 Last time I saw this error is was because of upgrade to bash. You might
12 try downgrading bash to a known good version. That fixed it for my
13 friend. (After much gnashing of teeth since he was out of town and
14 provides internet services and it broke one of his eth interfaces.)
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list