From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: hwclock: command not found
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:40:53
1 On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:45:52 +0100
2 Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Am 25.02.2013 21:39, schrieb Joseph:
5 > > I'm updating clock via bash script. When I run it from a command
6 > > line, it works just fine but when I try to run it via crontab I get:
7 > >
8 > > /home/thelma/business/programs/time_date_setting_script.sh: line 3:
9 > > hwclock: command not found
10 > >
11 > > here the script:
12 > > #!/bin/sh
13 > > rdate -s 128.138.140.44
14 > > hwclock --systohc
15 > >
16 > > and crontab entry:
17 > > 45 12 * * 1
18 > > sh /home/thelma/business/programs/time_date_setting_script.sh
19 > >
20 > > When I run the scrip manually or just the command: "hwclock
21 > > --systohc" it is working OK; why isn't it working from the crontab?
22 >
23 > I've noticed that cron doesn't have /sbin and /usr/sbin in PATH. Try
24 > using the absolute path to hwclock.
25
26 With a recent upgrade of fcron, I ran into this problem (and solved it
27 by switching to absolute paths). From fcron's changelog:
28
29 * don't inherit fcron's environment when running a job but build
30 the environment from scratch (cleaner, and this is what Vixie
31 cron does)
32
33 I have no idea how the environment is built from scratch, but for me
34 anything run from the system crontab now has $PATH /usr/bin:/bin