From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:39:51
1 On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:21:02 +0800, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > Also, I am in the process of rescuing a system from the
4 > e2fs/util-linux/device-mapper snafu and find that now I have it booted
5 > re-emerging util-linux wont overwrite the files I manually installed to
6 > replace the missing ones - necessitating manually rm'ing some 50 or so
7 > files - is there a way to force emerge to ignore file collisions and
8 > just overwrite them in this circumstance?
9
10 FEATURES="-collision-protect" emerge -1 util-linux
11
12 See man make.conf for more on FEATURES.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 If a program is useless, it must be documented.