From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and missing paste file option in right click menu.
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 19:50:13
1 On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 12:37 PM Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I did my weekly updates this past Sunday. I noticed one change I like.
6 > If I put my mouse pointer over a video file, it does like a animated
7 > preview thingy. I've seen some websites do that and it is kinda nifty.
8 > Then I noticed something that is missing and I use that a LOT, I mean a
9 > whole LOT. When I move a file(s) from one place to another, I either
10 > use Cut or Copy where the file is located and then use Paste where I
11 > want it to go. I can do the Cut and Copy part, they are in the right
12 > click menu as always. However, the Paste option is gone. It's not
13 > grayed out or something, its just plain gone, everywhere. At first I
14 > thought it was a settings issue but I've checked the settings and can't
15 > find anything about it. Then I moved on to permissions, nothing there.
16 > As I said, Cut and Copy is there. Even Move to Trash is there. Only
17 > the Paste option is missing which I find kinda odd really. What is also
18 > odd, I can't find a setting for Cut or Copy either.
19 >
20 > This is either a bug or I'm not looking in the right place to enable
21 > this again. Since I can't find Cut or Copy in settings, maybe I'm
22 > looking in the wrong place. Then again, maybe something got removed,
23 > disabled Paste and removed the option to control Cut and Copy too. I'm
24 > not sure which it is but I'd really like to have this option again.
25 >
26 > I might add, doing a ctrl + v to paste works. I'm doing that for now
27 > but really miss the Paste option with the mouse.
28 >
29 > Anyone else notice this or just me? Am I missing where the setting to
30 > control this is? Is it just gone? Thoughts?
31 >
32 > Thanks.
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
37 >
38
39 On my system when I move to a new location and right click that's when
40 I see the 'paste one file' option.
41
42 HTH,
43 Mark