From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] qt-4.4.3 won't install any files
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 06:26:29
1 On Monday 30 March 2009 08:13:33 Francisco Ares wrote:
2 > I have qt-3.3.8b-r1 and qt-4.4.2
3 >
4 > I tried qt-assistant-4.4.2-r1, and it showed me no docs.
5
6 [snip]
7
8 > Nothing showing the traditional compile and install procedure. Is this a
9 > bug?
10
11 No. qt is now a meta package and exists only to have the qt split ebuilds as
12 DEPENDencies, so it installs nothing. Unlike the kde split ebuilds, the devs
13 decided not to call it qt-meta and promptly confused most of the KDE using
14 community.
15
16 What you should do, it grep your world file for 'qt' and delete all explicit
17 references therein to qt ebuilds. The 'emerge avuND world' and let portage
18 figure out which ones you need based on dependencies of stuff that uses it. If
19 'emerge --depclean' wants to remove you want to keep, then you can add that
20 back to world explicitly
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com