From: "Mariusz Pękala" <skoot@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PAM problem: "su: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required."
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 05:25:23
1 On 2005-10-07 20:40:20 -0500 (Fri, Oct), Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
2 >
3 > I recently install postgresql. When I start the server, I'm getting what
4 > looks like a PAM error.
5 >
6 > orion ~ # /etc/init.d/postgresql start
7 > * Starting PostgreSQL ...
8 > You are required to change your password immediately (root enforced)
9 > su: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.
10 > (Ignored)
11 > [ ok ]
12 > orion ~ #
13 >
14 > Also:
15 >
16 > orion ~ # su - postgres
17 > You are required to change your password immediately (root enforced)
18 > su: Authentication token is no longer valid; new one required.
19 > (Ignored)
20 > postgres@orion ~ $
21 >
22 > After this, the su session and the postgres database appear to work
23 > normally. I'm concerned with the error message, though. Googling got me
24 > nowhere.
25 >
26 > Any ideas what the problem is?
27
28 Looks like an expired password. What is in your /etc/shadow in postgres'
29 entry?
32 No virus found in this outgoing message.
33 Checked by 'grep -i virus $MESSAGE'
34 Trust me.