From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Speed up GoogleEarth on an ATI RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]?
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 22:25:18
1 On Sun, Mar 04, 2007 at 11:36:56PM -0600, Dale wrote
2 > Walter Dnes wrote:
3 > > Is it possible using standard Gentoo, or do I have to load a
4 > > proprietary driver? In either case, what are the steps to follow? I
5 > > did try Google, and found a zillion links on how to install GoogleEarth
6 > > under Wine, which is not what I want.
10 > Googleearth is in portage. You have to unmask it but it's in there
11 > and it worked fine for me. At least it was anyway.
12
13 "What we have here is a failure to communicate". Let me restate my
14 question. I already have GoogleEarth for linux installed. It's damn
15 slow. The subject in my original original post is not about installing,
16 but about speeding up GoogleEarth. What is "the Gentoo way" of
17 installing proprietary ATI drivers for my video card?
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> In linux /sbin/init is Job #1
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list