From: bn <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: libtool 2.x upgrade
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:03:51
1 Nikos Chantziaras ha scritto:
2 > On 02/26/2010 03:15 AM, bn wrote:
3 >> Hi,
4 >>
5 >> I have a stable x86 system that requires still a bit of updating, among
6 >> those libtool and gcc. Since I need the system to be usable *now* for
7 >> work reasons, I don't feel like updating gcc and rebuilding it all with
8 >> an emerge -e system / emerge -e world, but more and more packages want
9 >> to upgrade to libtool 2.x
10 >>
11 >> Is it safe to upgrade libtool without (1)rebuilding gcc too and
12 >> (2)rebuilding system/world?
13 >
14 > I don't know, but for this type of scenario you are better off building
15 > binary packages of everything that need to be updated without actually
16 > installing any of it on the machine. At the end, when all binaries have
17 > been created by portage, you can install them in one go at a convenient
18 > point.
19 >
20 > Look up the "--buildpkgonly" option of emerge for this.
21
22 Looks like an excellent suggestion, I didn't think of that. Thanks!
23
24 Anyway, if someone else knows the answer to the libtool question, I'd be
25 happy, if only for learning purposes :)
26
27 m.