From: "Marc Stürmer" <mail@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from old udev to eudev
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2013 17:16:34
1 Am 01.08.2013 18:28, schrieb Tanstaafl:
2 > I have an older server that I have been putting off this update,
3 > debating on whether to update to the regular udev, or to eudev.
4 >
5 > I've googled until my fingers are blue, but cannot for the life of me
6 > find any explicit instructions for *how* to switch from udev to eudev.
7
8 Well I also upgraded recently my system to udev 200.
9
10 I still have got though the old interface names. This turned out pretty
11 easy to achieve.
12
13 Just boot your kernel with the following parameter:
14
15 net.ifnames=0
16
17 (tell LILO/GRUB to do so)
18
19 and you won't get any of those predictable network interface names AND
20 running udev 200, it will still use your old established interface names.