From: Naga <nagatoro@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A Theoretical install Question
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 05:09:10
1 On Tuesday 22 May 2007 06:06:42 burlingk@×××××××××.mil wrote:
2 > Ok, Here goes...
5 > How large is the package archive for gentoo, assuming a full copy of the
6 > portage tree, and all of the source tarballs in the distfiles directory
7 > of the average server?
8 >
9 > Would it be possible to draw down the whole archive all in one shot
10 > using wget or similar, dump it all into a directory on the hard drive,
11 > and direct portage there for the distribution files?
12 >
13 > I know this would basically be equivelent to making a local mirror of
14 > the distrservers, and I would have to make sure that my portage tree
15 > matches up to the files actually on the hard drive. ^^ What other
16 > concerns would I need to look at at this point. :P
17
18 According to some devs on -dev (IRC) last night about 50 GiB if you want _all_
19 distfiles.
20 --
21 Naga
22 --