From: Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kernel Questions
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:34:31
1 On Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:46:31 +0100
2 Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> wrote:
3
4 > In recent news the support for i386 processors was dropped. So your Pentium 4
5 > still has a few years to go. :)
6
7 Yes it is clear that sales for computer must live.
8
9 > Overheating problem? Considering it's about a Pentium 4, that seems a likely
10 > cause.
11
12 Which P4 i has not so probs. The probs come with Atom.
13
14 > Do both systems freeze on that website? That seems strange. I, too, have an
15 > Atom Netbook, though with an N450 which has Hyperthreading. It is not fast; it
16 > takes 17 seconds to load Firefox, but I had no freezes yet. The only problem I
17 > have so far is that mplayer often crashes when going to/from fullscreen if its
18 > video output is set to OpenGL. The N270 is an early model, perhaps some other
19 > hardware in the netbook is slowly dying.
20
21 Mine is slow. No matter which browser. No matter which program. That does
22 not bother me much. But the system is slow, it bugs me. Hard drive I swapped,
23 memory, I also exchanged.
24
25 Yes the System is old. 2009. Maybe it's time for new Netbook.
26
27 > Well, on the other hand, you can count the Watts an Atom consumes with one
28 > hand. For the P4 you'd need the hands of up to 12 people. That difference has
29 > to come from somewhere.
30
31 Yes but that's not what i look. Im often on the road and the Netbook is better
32 as a normal Notebook. And my Samsung has really much expirence in traveling :)
33
34 Ok thanks for help @all. I think its time for new one, i will see what give
35 on ebay.
38 Thank you & Greetings