From: Pete Pardoe <pete.pardoe@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 64bit vs 32bit
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 12:20:29
1 Depends on what you want it for. I personally have two AMD 64 systems - one
2 at work and one at home and have one running 64 bit (work) and one 32 bit
3 (home). My experience is that yes you can get most major apps running on a
4 64 bit system through the use of 32 bit bins but there are still a lot of
5 the more exotic apps that are not available in the 64 bit world. For the
6 hardly noticable increase in speed from the 64 bit apps and the aggravation
7 in getting things to work - I would go for 32 bit - everything is
8 available and just works. I found that it was just too much hassle trying
9 to get everything working in 64 bits so converted my home system from 64
10 to 32 and if I had the time would do the same at work.
11
12 Pete
13
14 On 6/16/06, Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>