From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to get plain ascii from "man"?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 01:26:39
1 On 2009-03-25, Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com> wrote:
2 >> Edit /etc/man.conf and add -c to the commandline for TROFF,
3 >> NROFF and JNROFF. Then "man program | col -bf" or your method
4 >> of choice should work. There is a note in the man.conf
5 >> comments about it.
6 >
7 > That didn't work for me. Does it work for you?
8
9 Doh! I added the -c to the GROFF line not on the TROFF line.
10
11 > I also tried manually running groff using the -c flag, and that
12 > didn't work either.
13
14 The groff man page says that -c will be passed on to troff and
15 will disable color output, but that doesn't seem to work.
18 Grant