From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] grub problem
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 21:59:21
1 On Thursday 04 October 2007, Rafael Barrera Oro wrote:
2 > Hello people, i am having a little trouble with grub. I've just installed a
3 > gentoo x86 (with intention of making it our first Gentoo powered server :D)
4 > and after the install i get the error:
5 >
6 > root (hd0,0)
7 > Filesystem type is ext2fs, partition type 0x83
8 > kernel (hd0,0)/boot/kernel-genkernel-x86-2.6.22-gentoo-r8 root=/dev/hdb3
9 >
10 > Error 15: File not found
11 >
12 > I checked and the kernel name is right so any hints will be greatly
13 > appreciated ;)
14
15 Was your /boot mounted when you installed grub? Check the Installation
16 Documentation list for a web page summarising all Grub errors and potential
17 solutions.
18 --
19 Regards,
20 Mick