From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can't connect to new router
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:05:03
1 On Saturday 28 August 2010 03:31:58 Grant wrote:
2 > I just got a new TP-Link TL-WR1043ND wireless router but I can't seem
3 > connect to it. I've tried the Gentoo initscript as well as wicd.
4 > With the initscript, I get:
5 >
6 > wlan3: carrier lost
7 > wlan3: timed out
8 >
9 > I see a lot of this in dmesg:
10 >
11 > b43-phy0 ERROR: MAC suspend failed
12 >
13 > I can connect to other wireless routers just fine, and I can connect
14 > to this one via ethernet. I've tried configuring it in various ways,
15 > security is disabled, and I've tried specifying static IPs with no
16 > luck. Does anyone know what I could be doing wrong?
17
18 Check that you're using the latest kernel and the latest firmware. I used to
19 get this error with a particular cisco access point and it went away when I
20 updated to 2.6.34 kernel series and also updated the firmware. Have a good
21 look in here to find the latest suitable firmware for your NIC:
22
23 http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43#devicefirmware
24 --
25 Regards,