From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: OT: Re: [gentoo-user] X Freezes With Firefox on Many Post 2.6.38 Kernels
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:13:34
1 On Sunday 31 Jul 2011 09:49:33 Dale wrote:
2 > Mick wrote:
3 > > On Sunday 31 Jul 2011 01:53:39 Peter Humphrey wrote:
4 > >> I hope you're pleased to know the process finished. 23 hours to move a
5 > >> partition! Never heard anything like it.
6 > >
7 > > Not unheard of. If you have too small/large bs and the disk is
8 > > relatively large it will take quite some hours to get it transfered bit
9 > > by bit.
10 >
11 > How do you know what size bs to use? I didn't specify one when I did
12 > mine. Is there a "auto" option maybe?
13 >
14 > Just curious.
15
16 Sorry I was thinking of using dd to move/clone a partition, which allows you
17 to set bs. Not sure how parted does it - it could potentially default to
18 bs=512 for all but the latest large disks, which would make things slower I
19 guess.
20 --
21 Regards,
22 Mick