From: Simon Kellett <zoxed_c@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Newbie question : specific software version no more available
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 20:16:01
1 sebastien Pastor <spastor@××××××.com> writes:
2
3 > When i got all those scripts stabilized, i really wanted to keep
4 > exactly same version of binaries. After installing a new server, i got
5 > the surprise not being able to use ecasound-2.3.3, the only version
6 > available is the 2.4.3.
7
8 This is one of the (few) things I do not like about Gentoo - sort of
9 *forced* upgrades. There are manual workarounds, but I think it would be
10 very friendly if I could flag packages as not-to-upgrade: the ebuild
11 (and dependencies) would always be kept.
14 Simon Kellett, | Gentoo Linux, Fvwm, Firefox
15 Darmstadt, Germany | Xemacs, Vm, Gnus
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list