From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome-2.16.3 - problems with the desktop not painting - no icons or wallpaper
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 00:43:25
1 On 6/7/07, C Lee Davis <lists@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > I don't see anything very strange in top while the splash panel is
4 > > up. Somewhere along the way the panel finishes waiting for whatever
5 > > it's waiting for, I see a flashing dialog window that cannot be read,
6 > > and then I have the desktop with nothing on it. Just the panel at the
7 > > bottom.
8 > >
9 > I got behavior like this recently when I updated libexif and failed to do a
10 > revdep-rebuild... is that possible?
11 >
12 > --
13 > C. Lee Davis
14
15 This is in fact exactly what happened. I don't know why I didn't see
16 this. I was sure I had done a revdep-rebuild on that machine. I must
17 have been wrong.
18
19 Using the idea from James the terminal reported libexif wasn't
20 installed. Emerging it solved the problems.
21
22 Thanks to James and you for answering.
23
24 Cheers,
25 Mark
26 --