From: "Anthony E. Caudel" <tony.caudel@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Mplayer question
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 01:19:20
1 Nick wrote:
2 > On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 07:40:34AM +0200, Peter Gantner (nephros) wrote:
3 >
4 >> Thu, 27 Sep 2007 quidam 'Anthony E. Caudel' inquit ita:
7 >>> Thinking about ordering a DVD from Amazon.uk (not available here in the
8 >>> US). It is a region 2 DVD and is in PAL format unlike the NTSC here in
9 >>> the states.
10 >>>
11 >>> Will the DVD play in Mplayer?
12 >>>
13 >> An alternative would be to get hold of a regionless firmware somewhere on
14 >> the internet and flash the drive with that, but this is most likely illegal
15 >> in your country under the DMCA.
18 > rpc1.org would be a good bet for the firmware route, which I'd
19 > recommend (AFAIK breaking css is illegal under the dmca anyway, so
20 > I can't see this as being a much bigger legal issue than playing any
21 > encrypted DVD under Linux). IANAL, of course. If in doubt, move to
22 > Finland.
23 >
24 > -Nick
27 Can't find rpcl.org
30 Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
31 -- Benjamin Franklin
34 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list