From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pppoe-status returns the wrong infomation! might be a bug..
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 19:02:12
1 060513 Farhan Ahmed wrote:
2 > Mrugesh Karnik wrote:
3 >> the instructions in the Handbook point to the method
4 >> where Gentoo uses the kernel based pppoe rather than rp-pppoe.
5 >> So rp-pppoe is never active I think.
6 > The instructions point to rp-pppoe based setup not kernel mode pppoe.
7
8 There have been threads about this recently.
9 IIUC Baselayout 1.12.0 removes the need for Rp-pppoe,
10 but that version is still 'unstable', though it's probably safe enough.
11 I'm still using 1.11.14-r8 & still have Rp-pppoe installed,
12 but I may test the new method soon.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
19 --
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list