From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: sys-devel/llvm and LLVM_TARGETS
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2022 11:05:37
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > On Sunday, 13 March 2022 08:03:04 GMT Wols Lists wrote:
3 >
4 >> To the best of my knowledge, gcc can't currently handle Rust, so yes
5 >> LLVM is needed. (Not Clang, because it isn't C :-) (Although Firefox
6 >> probably also uses loads of C, so Clang would be needed for that.)
7 > And that's why we have dev-lang/rust on hand, no?
11 So, it takes rust, gcc, clang and maybe some other stuff to make
12 Firefox???  Jeez, that sounds complicated.  o_O  Sounds like a recipe
13 for a soup or something.  ROFL
14
15 I might add, I did finish the updates and everything compiled and works
16 fine.  So, it is safe to have all those options enabled.  Weird but
17 safe.  ;-)
18
19 Dale
20