From: Jim <Jim@×××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Flash and Xorg 7.1?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 16:02:43
1 * on the Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 12:39:40AM -0400, Willie Wong said:
2 > I am not quite sure what went wrong.
3 >
4 > The result: http://www.math.princeton.edu/~wwong/20061600026.png
5 > whenever I try to access a website with flash content on it, the
6 > weird bands of messed-up stuff appear across the screen. It does go
7 > away after I close the offending tab, and performs some action that
8 > forces X to redraw.
9 >
10 > This started happening after I did a largish update after being away
11 > for 2.5 weeks. I think the problem is either with X, firefox, or
12 > flash, though it might go as far as the video driver. Any ideas?
13 > (Or, can anyone reproduce the behaviour?)
16 > And so I use the built-in radeon drivers.
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 >
20 > Willie
21
22 I have the same issue. I upgraded gcc to 4.1.x and that has been a mess
23 since I rebooted. I need to rebuild world :-)
24
25 I get the same flash issue. Simple flash sites work, flash sites with
26 video mostly puke now. I also get display issues with gnome-terminal
27 where all/most of the text becomes invisible until I hit enter and then
28 it is redrawn.
29
30 I use the binary NVidia driver and thought it was releated to that.
31 However I am currently downgrading x11-libs/libX11, x11-base/xorg-server
32 and x11-base/xorg-x11 and all the installed drivers I have under
33 x11-drivers/*.
34
35 I hope this will fix me up because right now I cannot get into Gnome.
36
37 Jim
38 --
40 You roll an 18 in Dex and see if you