From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deactivate keyboard
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 11:54:42
1 Lutz Schönemann wrote:
2 >>>>> Hi,
3 >>>>
4 >>>>
5 >>>> Hi!
6 >>>>
7 >>>> I have set up Gentoo on a system that I would like to use as a video,
8 >>>> music
9 >>>>> player and sometimes to check my emails. There is a remote control
10 >>>> connected
11 >>>>> to it and is detected as a serial keyboard. Now I want the
12 >> xorg-server
13 >>>> not
14 >>>>> to process events coming from this "keyboard". I also have a
15 >> bluetooth
16 >>>>> keyboard that I want to connect to that system and events coming
17 >> from
18 >>>> this
19 >>>>> keyboard should be processed.
20 >>>>>
21 >>>>> So, is it possible to deactivate one keyboard?
22 >>>>
23 >>>>
24 >>>> I think so, what about deactivating the one you do not want to use in
25 >>> your
26 >>>> xorg.conf?
27 >>>>
28 >>> Thats exactly what I'm trying to do: deactivate the keyboard in my
29 >>> xorg.conf. But how can I do it?
32 >> Removing the part in your conifg, I suppose. A question: Don't you want to
33 >> use the keyboard anymore with X?
34 >>
35 >> Sven
36 >
37 > I suppose you meant the part:
38 >
39 > Section "InputDevice"
40 > Identifier "Standard Keyboard"
41 > Driver "kbd"
42 > Option "AutoRepeat" "500 30"
43 > Option "XkbRules" "xorg"
44 > Option "XkbModel" "pc105"
45 > Option "XkbLayout" "de"
46 > Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
47 > EndSection
48 >
49 > If I remove this part from my config X would use a standard configuration for keyboads connected to that computer.
50 > My goal is that only one keyboard will not work. This way I can use a daemon to process events coming from this device.
51
52 I haven't ever tried this, but have you looked into using a keyboard
53 section with an option similar to:
54
55 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
56
57 but replacing /dev/input/mice with the path to the keyboard you *do*
58 want to use (I have no idea what that path would be...)?
61 R
62 --
63 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list