From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT]: Converting flv to what?
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 11:49:53
1 On Saturday 16 July 2011 13:42:30 Volker Armin Hemmann did opine
2 thusly:
3 > On Saturday 16 July 2011 07:12:58 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
4 > > Hi,
5 > >
6 > > As a Blender-fan over the time my harddisk has been filled (by
7 > > me ;) ) with lots of video-tutorials in the flv (flash
8 > > video)-format.
9 > >
10 > > Now I need some space to store more *.blend files ...
11 > >
12 > > So I think I need to convert the flvs into another format...
13 > >
14 > > What is the most recommended format to preserve as much as
15 > > possible of the original video and audio quality *and* to save
16 > > space beyond the "some kilobytes" area?
17 > >
18 > > What is the best tool for that job: mplayer or ffmpeg or...?
19 > >
20 > > What parameters should I use ?
21 > >
22 > > Thank you very much for any help in advance!
23 > > Have a nice weekend!
24 > > Best regards,
25 > > mcc
26 >
27 > why convert at all? Burn them to a disk - or move them to an
28 > external drive. Which codec did you use for the flash files?
29
30 +1
31
32 Frankly, I would just buy another drive. The things are dirt cheap
33 these days, much much cheaper than the cost of my time fiddling with
34 transcode settings.
38 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com