From: Justin Findlay <justin@××××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No sound after kernel upgrade
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 09:31:41
1 On Wed, Aug 16, 2006 at 06:43:34PM +1000, Richard Watson wrote:
2 > I used to have sound running with no problems but since I've updated my
3 > kernel and re emerging Alsa I'm getting the following errors in dmesg.
4 > Can anyone tell me what it means ... Thanks, Richard
5
6 Are you loading the right driver for your sound card? Has the driver
7 undergone significant changes between your kernel upgrades? Have you
8 tried running alsaconf? Something else you could try is to (re)move
9 /etc/asound.state and see what happens when you restart
10 /etc/init.d/alsasound.
13 Justin
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list