From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem building statically linked e2fsprogs
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 19:57:18
1 On 25 Sep 2008, at 20:02, Erik Hahn wrote:
2
3 > I don't know much about servers so this might be rather stupid, but:
4 > What about dismounting the driver and fsck'ing it in another computer?
5
6 I think the problem is that the drive (the server) is in a physically
7 remote location.
8 (from the original message: "... the only way to get it up again (no
9 IT people at the location) was by talking someone through a process...")
10
11 Nevertheless, one can't help thinking the machine could be booted from
12 a Knoppix CD.
13
14 Stroller.