From: ny6p01@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] My printing's not working. Help, please!
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:30:37
1 On Fri, Apr 13, 2012 at 03:39:12PM +0000, Alan Mackenzie wrote:
2 > Hi, all.
3 >
4 > My printing's not working. I've got cups-1.4.8-r1 installed.
5 >
6 > If I attempt to print from (say) Mozilla, everything appears to go fine
7 > up to the actual printing. I do
8 >
9 > # lpq
10 >
11 > , then I get this:
12 >
13 > ML-1450 is ready and printing
14 > Rank Owner Job File(s) Total Size
15 > active acm 44 Lernen im Internet - Anmeldung 94208 bytes
16 >
17 > .
18 >
19 > However the printer isn't actually printing. I know there's nothing
20 > wrong with the printer or USB cable as such, since I can do
21 >
22 > $ echo printing^L > /dev/lp0
23 >
24 > , and a page with "printing" on it comes out of my printer.
25 >
26 > Any suggestions?
27 >
28 > --
29 > Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).
32 Have you checked the cups setup - http://localhost:631 - and looked at all
33 the setup settings and the Jobs queue? Sounds like a driver issue to me, but
34 I always use HP printers, and hplip takes care of the drivers. I'm not
35 familiar with the drivers for Samsung products.
36
37 Perhaps someone will come along who has that printer that can assist you.
38 Also you might ask on freenode IRC, channel #gentoo. That is a very helpful
39 resource. Good luck!
40
41 Terry