From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Serious problem with linode vm
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:37:43
1 Hi all,
2
3 Help!!!!! :(
4
5 I have a serious problem with our production DB machine hosted on
6 linode, and I hope someone can help me.
7
8 They recently updated their hardware, but taking advantage of it
9 required 'migrating' our machines...
10
11 I migrated our dev server first, and it failed to boot after the
12 migration, but a question to their support suggested changing to the
13 most recent 64bit kernel - and this worked, it came up fine, and so did
14 the dev database.
15
16 The production server appeared to migrate ok, and even booted, but the
17 DB did not come up (postgresql)...
18
19 I had to remote in through their Lish console because SSH wasn't working
20 either.
21
22 I attempted to change the kernel to the latest 64bit on this one too to
23 see if that would work, but nothing...
24
25 I've changed the kernel back to 32bit, but there is weirdness going on...
26
27 Some things will compile ok (portage, gentoolkit, openssh, openssl),
28 others won't (ncurses, libxml2).
29
30 Right now I'd just really like to get SSH working again so I can scp in
31 and grab all of my data.
32
33 I've tried recompiling both (both compile/install ok), but when I try to
34 start SSHD I get:
35
36 # /etc/init.d/sshd start
37 /etc/init.d/sshd: line 18: 2079 Illegal instruction "${SSHD_BINARY}" -t
38 ${SSHD_OPTS}
39 * ERROR: sshd failed to start
40
41 Anyone?