From: John Runyon <me@×××.im>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to find which version of $package supports $USE ?
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 17:11:29
1 On 03/18/2016 12:06, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > There is some debate about Gentoo having it enabled by default, since
3 > it is not part of upstream. However, the hpn patch is probably fairly
4 > popular. It is almost a fork, and I have no idea why it hasn't just
5 > been merged into openssh proper.
6 Likely because several parts of it can also degrade performance, as
7 stated on the patch's site. It also doesn't seem to have undergone any
8 serious security audit, or at least that's the impression I got from a
9 quick review.