From: "Abraham Marín Pérez" <tecnic5@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] startx no longer gives gnome
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:52:26
1 Have you updated X or similar recently and automatically merged changes
2 in config files? I could be possible that you returned to default
3 configuration and hence X Windows would start when executing startx.
4
5 My 0,02$: go and check DISPLAYMANAGER at /etc/conf.d/xdm and XSESSION at
6 /etc/rc.conf and make sure they have the proper entries for Gnome.
7
8 HTH,
9 Abraham
10
11 Thufir escribió:
12 > the first time I entered "startx", I got gnome. No longer, now I get
13 > X windows. how do I determine what changed?
16 > I'm going by:
17 >
18 > Now start your graphical environment by running startx:
19 >
20 > Code Listing 2.10: Starting GNOME
21 >
22 > $ startx
23 >
24 > If all goes well, you should be greeted by GNOME. Congratulations. Now
25 > let us take a look at how you can configure GNOME to suit your needs.
28 > thanks,
29 >
30 > Thufir
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list