From: maxim wexler <blissfix@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no net modules will load
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 17:01:47
1 --- Maurice E Johnson <maurice.e.johnson@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > It would seem that you failed to configure the
5 > necessary modules for
7 > Also, as of kernel 2.6.13, devfs is no longer in the
8 > kernel and you must
9 > use udev. without it you will never get your devices
10 > to be recognised.
11
12 Huh? "Any of the modules"? Only the _net_ modules fail
13 to load. The others all do.
14
15 The loading, un-loading options near the start of the
16 config process(if that's what you mean by "necessary
17 modules for loading any of the modules you list") were
18 set =yes. I've always set them to yes. I've done this
19 sort of thing before.
20
21 Sound works. USB works. Video works...
22
23 I'm thinking suddenly /etc/conf.d/net(.example)?
24 Something there? On way to find out!
25
26 > > *only* modules having to do with net stuff, ie,
27 > ppp,
28 > > eth0, serial devices etc failed to load.
29 > > Sound, video, timers etc all loaded OK.
34 Do You Yahoo!?
35 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
36 http://mail.yahoo.com
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list