From: mindrunner <kernel@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gnome3 haters: you should try the new cinnamon-1.6.1
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 19:48:09
1 you should try terminator, or guake if you want an "alternate" terminal.
2 i am using both in combination (guake in luman-overlay, has applied some
3 additional patches)
4
5 lxde/openbox is very nice. slim and slimlock are working fine in
6 combination with it. so there is no need for heavy gnome/kde desktops.
7
8 if you want your old gnome 2.x dektop back, you should try mate, which
9 is a fork of the last gnome 2.x stable branch. (there is mate-overlay) ;)
10
11 (happy to see some other german gentoo users! :)))
12